collectively all information that you submitto Bristol Lido Ltd via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
a small text file placed on your computer by this Website when you visit certain parts of the Website and/or when you use certain features of the Website. Details of the cookies used by this Website are set out in the clause below (Cookies);
Data Protection Laws
any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national
implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK;
the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
Bristol Lido Ltd, or us Bristol Lido Ltd, a company incorporated in England and
Wales with registered number 05266081 whose registered office is at Lido Oakfield Place, Bristol, Bristol, BS8 2BJ;
UK and EU Cookie Law
the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronxic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011;
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Bristol Lido Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Bristol Lido Ltd and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
the website that you are currently using, www.lidobristol.com, and any sub-domains of this
site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includesthe plural and vice versa;
c. a reference to a personincludes firms, companies, government entities, trustsand partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutoryprovision includes any modification or amendment of it;
f. the headings and sub-headings do not form part of this privacypolicy.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Bristol Lido Ltd is the "data controller". This means that Bristol Lido Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collectthe following Data, which includespersonal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c. financial information such as credit/ debit card numbers;
d. in each case, in accordance with this privacypolicy.
6. We collectData in the following ways:
a. data is givento us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
7. Bristol Lido Ltd will collect your Data in a numberof ways, for example:
a. when you contactus through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other
b. when you enter a competition or promotion througha social media channel;
c. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
d. when you electto receive marketing communications from us;
8. To the extentthat you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This i nformation helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation, and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequencywith which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
b. we will collect your Data automatically via cookies, in line with the cookie settings on your
browser. For more information about cookies, and how we use them on the Website, see the section below, headed "Cookies".
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically,
Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products/ services;
c. transmissionby email of marketing materialsthat may be of interestto you; in each case, in
10. We may use your Data for the above purposesif we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain
circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the deliveryof direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whethervia an opt-in or soft-opt-in:
a. soft opt-inconsent is a specific type of consentwhich applies when you have previously
engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similarproducts/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent;that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example,
checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfiedabout our approachto marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time. To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
12. We may share your Data with the following groupsof people for the following reasons:
a. our employees, agentsand/or professional advisors- to process bookings or purchases;
13. We will use technical and organisational measuresto safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a passwordand a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
c. payment details are encrypted using SSL technology (typically you will see a lock icon or green address bar (or both) in your browser when we use this technology.
14. We are certified to SOC 2. This familyof standards helps us manage your Data and keep it secure.
15. Technical and organisational measures include measuresto deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us
know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
16. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
18. Even if we delete your Data, it may persiston backup or archival media for legal,tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relationto your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify,update or deletesuch information. If we provideyou with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your
request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right torequest that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consentis our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
21. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaintyou make in relation to your Data is handledby us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data
protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office
(ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
22. It is importantthat the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
24. Bristol Lido Ltd may, from time to time, expand or reduce our businessand this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Bristol Lido Ltd. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of
was originally supplied to us.
25. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaserof our business or any part of it.
26. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
28. All Cookiesused by this Website are used in accordance with current UK and EU Cookie Law.
29. Before the Website places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Bristol Lido Ltd to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placingof Cookies; howevercertain features of the Websitemay not function fully or as intended.
30. This Website may place the following Cookies:
Type of Cookie
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
31. You can find a list of Cookies that we use in the Cookies Schedule.
32. You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details,please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
33. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however you may lose any information that enables you to access the Website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limitedto, personalisation settings.
34. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidanceprovided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
35. For more information generally on cookies,including how to disable them, please refer to about cookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
38. Unless otherwise agreed,no delay, act or omissionby a party in exercising any right or remedywill be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
39. This Agreement will be governedby and interpreted according to the law of Englandand Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Bristol Lido Ltd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
25 May 2018
Below is a list of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is completeand up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
We use the following strictlynecessary cookies:
Description of Cookie
cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics